User Interface Designer
We are looking for a creative and passionate designer to join our growing design team. Someone who can be a key contributor in brainstorming ideas and taking concepts to final design. If you have designed digital experiences such as web sites and native applications (Mac OS/Windows, iOS/Android etc.), and your greatest strength is in visual design, but you have exposure to wireframing, user experience design, and development then Wolfram is looking for you!
Wolfram has established itself as a powerhouse of technical innovation and a unique organization respected and admired for its products, people, and long-term strategic vision. At Wolfram, we invent every day. We’re committed to being ahead and to defining new directions that others will follow. We’re always working with the latest technologies—as well as creating new ones of our own.
(wolfram.com; wolframalpha.com; wolfram.com/language)
As a UI Designer in the Graphic Design team you will:
- Communicate your ideas through sketches, wireframes and mockups
- Produce work consistent with existing branding standards and style guides
- Develop brand standards and style guides for new products
- Create prototypes and high fidelity mockups
- Produce iterative designs for web, mobile and client applications
- Produce dev-ready assets (retina graphics, animation assets) for your designs with clear implementation instructions
- See the world and our products through the eyes of our customers, and design interfaces that meet their mental model of the world
- Bring value and impact to our customers through strong visual designs that enhance the usability of our products
- Web and application design experience
- Portfolio examples of compelling web/app experiences (Please submit a portfolio link with your application)
- Impeccable visual design skills and exceptional interest/knowledge of typography
- Proficiency with Mac OSX, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and other industry standard graphics editing tools
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well within a team
- Willing to explain your design decisions and able to work in an environment of constant feedback and iteration as ideas and assumptions are tested
- A thorough understanding of visual hierarchy
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with Human Interface Guidelines Experience working with Developers
This is an onsite salaried position. Freelancers need not apply. To be considered, a web portfolio or digital sample of work must accompany your application.
Location: Champaign, IL